Podcast Episode 003- How To Declutter Any Space in Your Home!
Let me guess, you’re reading this because one or more areas of your home is cluttered- am I right? I hope you’re also here because you are into manifestation as well because if not, you’re gonna look at me like I have 5 heads haha.
Want to skip reading and jump right to listening to this week’s episode? Click here.
Guess what-clutter comes in all sorts of forms. As a life transformation coach, I help women not only declutter their mental space, but their physical space as well!
And I’m here to tell you that… If you’re not manifesting what you want, it means there is something in the way
- Emotions (feelings of being unworthy, imposter, not ready, scared)
- Pain from your past or perceived pain about the future
- Physical clutter
- Clutter can also be in the form of people in your life who aren’t supportive, or mauve you have habits and routines that you know are not serving you
Either way, clutter comes in all sorts of forms
And all these forms, block your ability to feel your best and manifest the things you desire.
Let’s say you have an office full of clutter
- The message you’re sending to the universe is that you’re overwhelmed, and you’re operating from a scarcity mindset (can’t get rid of stuff, don’t have enough time to deal with it)
- So if you’re not feeling as creative, you’re feeling blocked, not super inspired, motivated, or driven, or maybe you’re not seeing the results you’d like to see in your business, it might be because your office is a cluster fuck!
Up until I decluttered my own office – I was feeling uninspired, overwhelmed, anxious, not creative. And so I knew I needed to get rid of some of my clutter. Let me tell you, INSTANT SHIFT!
When decluttering your stuff, you have to be open (open to get rid of stuff, move things around to change the flow, & moving on from past stuff) in order to create space for new stuff! And also know that when decluttering & organizing your home (and life)…
It takes time
Perhaps you’re currently feeling
Paralyzed by clutter
Don’t know where to start
How to start
And you’re the queen at procrastinating
But, the great news is, is you can begin the process of decluttering!
During this week’s podcast episode I gave you my 5 tips for starting the process of decluttering your physical space. But, since you’re here reading, i’ll give them to you again!
So, lets start with yo house
First things first:
- Create a plan
- Create a Vision (use pinterest to create a vision board for how you want your space to look & feel)
- KNOW YOUR WHYYY (More time? More Money? More patience? More space? Better health?)
- Hang up your vision + WHY in a spot you can see every day to remind you of your goal every day (manifestation 101) It will help you not give up
- Know your consequences – What will happen if you don’t follow through on your goal?
COMMIT COMMIT COMMIT!!
5 Tips To Decluttering Any Space in Your House:
Step 1 – Take a tour of your space and be totally aware of the things you have, how you feel in each space and how you’d like to feel instead
Step 2 – Choose a spot to start! The spot you choose to begin with is up to you- but usually it’s the spot that causes you the most overwhelm. Commit, print out a calendar, and set an appointment with yourself to follow through on decluttering until it’s done!
Step 3 – Once you’ve chosen the area to start, begin with throwing away any trash and get rid of dirty dishes (this part is easy and takes minimal mental decision making- which will allow you to have more mental energy for when it comes down to deciding whats to stay and whats to go!)
Step 4 – Begin sorting things into piles – This is helpful because, if you don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to organizing that day, at least you can pick up and continue at any time and you haven’t pulled everything out of your space
3 Step system > KEEP | TOSS | DONATE
Begin sorting things into piles Example: If you’re in your office, sort your paper, books, pens/stationery, memorabilia, and anything else you have laying around, into separate categories (piles)
Rule: ALWAYS drop donations off at the end of every decluttering session
Step 5 – Declutter/Downsize the categories then measure out your space and buy organizing supplies to keep yo shit organized! This part is often underestimated and overlooked. Without this step, you’re simply tidying and not organizing. Quit that shit out! We’re not here for the quick tidy- we want results!
Want to learn more? Here is what I covered in this weeks podcast episode:
- My 3 step system for the decluttering process
- My secret sauce for how to make decisions when decluttering
- My 5 step process for decluttering & organizing any space of your home
- Questions to and NOT to ask yourself when decluttering
- What to do with your items when you decide you don’t want to keep them anymore
- My fave stores to buy organizing supplies from
PS, If you liked this post, let me know by taking a photo and tagging me on Instagram @casshenrycoaching!
Also, don’t forget to hit subscribe to the podcast – I release new episodes every week!