Have you ever wanted something in your life, thought about it constantly, but then never got it?
I’ll tell you why- because you didn’t have enough clarity around what you wanted and the commitment to making it happen.
So, today, I wanted to give you a road map to creating clarity around whatever it is that you want in your life.
How to gain clarity:
- To start- sit down, turn off your phone and give yourself this time to focus on YOU. Print out this freebie worksheet I made for you!
- Write down the ONE thing you want to gain clarity around– whether it be your goal around health, relationships, your career, the vision you have for your life, etc.
- When you have that one thing, you must first ask yourself, “What does this area look like RIGHT NOW?”
- Write it in detail and feel how it feels to be where you currently are. IF the pain associated with staying where you are isn’t strong enough, then you may not reach your final goal. However, because our goal today is only to gain clarity, we’ll remain our focus on that!
- Write down EXACTLY what you want in this area.
Here’s an example:
You want to find a new job.
So, you begin searching on the web for a job around your expertise. The problem with this is without first gaining clarity, you’re only going to get so far and probably land a job you’re also not happy with.
So, ASK YOURSELF:
- What kind of job do I want to have?
- What kind of boss/staff/fellow employees do I want to have/be surrounded by?
- Do I want to work from home, on the go, or do I want to travel to work every day?
- What do I want my roll/impact/workload to be like?
- How do I want to FEEL in my new job?
- How do I want to be treated?
- What pay, benefits, vacation, bonuses do I want to have?
Once you’ve written these things down, do you think your job search will be easier? HECK YES! Also, when you gain clarity around what you actually want to be/do/have in life, you’re much more likely to get it.
Without first gaining clarity, you will end up getting something that perhaps you didn’t want at all– something that you THOUGHT you wanted but realize in the end it was an old belief/thought.
Do this exercise around ALL areas of your life. Trust me, this is huge and will allow you to live the life that YOU want to live, on purpose.
So ask yourself:
- WHAT DO I WANT?
- HOW DO I WANT TO FEEL?
- WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TO ME?
- WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
The quality of your life/experiences is based on the quality of your questions.
Ask great questions, get great results.
PS. When gaining clarity, pay attention to the feelings that arise. Often times, FEAR will show up trying to keep us “safe”. What this might look like is:
- Not working out because the better in shape you are the more criticized you could get
- Staying in your current job instead of starting your dream business could mean that you could fail
- Putting yourself back “out there” to find a partner could pose the risk of getting rejected and hurt again.
When you gain clarity around what you want, you’re instilling certainty within yourself, that no matter the outcome, you’re certain you will find what you are looking for.
Have faith and believe that what you’ve created in your mind is possible for you!
And, if you feel you’re having trouble gaining clarity around this, send me a message or join my new program Unapologetically on Purpose where we dive deep into all areas of your life- gaining immense clarity so you can finally live the life that YOU want to live!